Monday, August 13, 2012

Insanity - Day 1:Fitness Test

That wasn't fun.  Not even remotely.

I'd dabbled in P90X (or P13.5X if we're going to be honest) a couple years ago and that was tough.  That's a birthday candle to the back yard burner that Shaun T put me through today.

And fricking A, it's only the flipping test and I'm pissing and moaning this much.  This doesn't bode well.

(so encouraging)

Now part of this is probably due to me being in worse shape than I was a couple years ago (it is), but I will say that it works your body in a much more corecentric way than P90X, running, basketball, or any other workout that I've done.  If it's any tangible indication, no workout I've done has made me nervous that I was going to throw up at any point.  That happened three times today.  That's not exactly an experience that will lift you up and make you feel like you're in shape...

The test is very simple when you look at it from the outside.  It's eight exercises that you will do for a minute, keeping track of how many you can achieve, with roughly a minute break in between each where the host, Shaun T, teaches you how to do the next exercise.  There are no weights, no bands, no accouterments.  Just your body contorting onto and into your core.

This only the first day and the real fun, I'm sure, is going to start tomorrow.  I'm going to try and stay up on documenting how it goes on here, we'll see if my body allows such frivolities.

No comments:

Post a Comment